Monday, October 10, 2011

BOOKSNAKE!!! LOL!!! ROFL!!

I realize that I keep posting photos of my art. I'm sorry. I promise I'll stop soon. But after six weeks of work, I have finally (well, maybe...) finished my book snake. After much deliberating, I decided to call it The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, 5000 Nights at the Opera. (BOOKSNAKE!!! LOL!! ROFL!!! was also on the table for a while, but sadly, it was not to be) So here, in all its glory, is The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, 5000 Nights at the Opera: 
(and when I say "all its glory" I actually mean part of its glory, as the room was too small to get the entire thing in one photo)

The other end

If I laid it out in a straight line it'd be somewhere around 50 feet. FIFTY FEET PEOPLE. You should be at least mildly impressed by that. 







Yep.





All work Copyright 2011 Sarah Lee

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear God, how many hours did that take to make?? Very, very, very cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful! I need to spend more time with it before I say another word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit, this is amazing! It's so much bigger than it was in the last picture! And I think the title was a good call for sure. I love it.

    Also, don't apologize for posting your art because I love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa Sarah. Too far. Too awesome. I want to hug it, but I'd probably break it. When you're done with it, can I hug it? Or just curl up next to it and hold it close to me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the chances of you reading and replying to this are slim, but how did you make the snake?

    ReplyDelete